As Canada’s workforce evolves, you may need to look abroad when there are no suitable job candidates locally. International talent can help fill labour shortages while bringing new skills or boosting your competitive edge. Canada’s flexible immigration system and innovative programs can help you attract and retain the right talent.
What to do if you want to hire a foreign worker to:
- fill a permanent position, or
- support them in their application for permanent residence
Find more information about:
- the programs that you can use to hire on a permanent basis
- how to submit a valid job offer
- what your responsibilities are depending on the program you choose
Step 1: Does the worker need a work permit?
- If yes, apply for an LMIA through Employment and Social Development Canada.
- If no, submit an offer of employment through the Employer Portal.
Step 3: Give the worker the information and documents they need to prepare their work permit application.